Well, quarantine is upon us, which is nerve wracking for many potential reasons. Not the least of which is the idea that our children will get a HEAVY dose of cabin fever mixed with “too much TV time.” At the very least, we can point them in the direction of shows that teach them things, right?
Ready for the list?
- Word Party- Set in a daycare setting, the viewer takes on the role of “The Big Kid” who teaches baby animals all about words and language. Super simple, and episodes help with emotional development as well, focusing on social stories that help identify and cope with big feelings.
- Llama Llama- As with the Llama Llama books (I.E. Llama Llama Red Pajamas, etc) kids learn emotional development lessons through the interactions that Llama Llama has with his family and friends.
- Motown Magic- Art and Music are an integral part of child development, and Motown Magic is a GREAT way for them to be introduced to both concepts. The music is amazing, and the story is unique and fun.
- Noddy, Toyland Detective- A toddler mystery show. Kids help Noddy get to the bottom of various toyland mysteries!
- Ask The Storybots- All those definitively kid questions (Why do we need to brush our teeth?) are answered in this show that helps kids explore their curiosity and inquisitive nature!
And there we have it. Keep an eye out for rec’s for children in Elementary and Middle Schools, as well as App recommendations!
One thought on “My Favorite Netflix Shows for Kids! (Toddler/Preschool Years)”